SAN ANTONIO - A seafood restaurant on San Antonio's near North Side was cited by a city health inspector late last month for thawing fish in standing water.
El Marinero, in the 1800 block of McCullough Avenue, received a score of 80 after a list of other violations that included storing chorizo unprotected in a walk-in cooler and poor water pressure at a hand sink for wait staff, according to a Metro Health inspection report.
You can read the full report by searching the Metro Health website.
The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Bunuelos Pastries, 1905 West Ave., 100
- Savor Cia Restaurant, 200 E. Grayson St., 100
- Los Ajos Mexican Grill, 7616 Culebra Road., 97
- Wingstop, 1107 San Pedro Ave., 97
- Eskimo Hut, 18866 Stone Oak Parkway, 95
- Thai Hut Market, 9820 Potranco Road, 95
- Café San Luis, 1606 Castroville Road, 94
- Ybarra Molino, 3759 Pleasanton Road, 93
- Los Cocos Bakery, 3309 West Ave., 92
- Lupe Tortilla Restaurant, 21103 U.S. 281 North, 92
- Nicha's, 5059 NW Loop 410, 92
- Freebirds World Burrito, 20811 U.S. 281 North, 91
- Augie's Barbed Wire Smokehouse, 909 Broadway, 88
- Mi Pueblito, 2303 Quintana Road, 85
- Southtown 101, 101 Pereida St., 83
- Vietnam Market, 5360 Walzem Road, 82
- El Marinero, 1819 McCullough Ave., 80
- Guerrero's Mexican Restaurant, 1859 Rigsby Ave., 80
- Little Italy, 824 Afterglow St., 80
- Taqueria Aguas Calientes, 15409 White Fawn Drive, 80
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.