SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Abuelas Mexican Restaurant, 2313 NW Military Hwy., 100
- Checo’s Mexican & American Grill, 5999 De Zavala Rd., 100
- Jet’s Pizza, 20079 Stone Oak Pkwy., 100
- River City Donuts, 1723 Babcock Rd., 99
- Willie’s Grill and Icehouse, 8739 State Hwy. 151, 97
- Pizza Hut, 8757 Grissom Rd., 95
- Severini’s 6301 NW Loop 410, 95
- Tip Top Café, 2814 Fredericksburg Rd., 95
- Sabor de Sanchez, 7664 Tezel Rd., 94
- Alamo Molino, 2512 S. Hackberry St., 93
- Asia Market, 1739 SW Loop 410, 92
- Eladio’s Diner, 1378 Gillette Blvd., 92
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, 600 E. Market St., 92
- Mama Janie’s Sweet Treats, 1314 NW 24th St., 88
- Rancho Grande Mexican Restaurant, 1611 Culebra Rd., 84
- Quarry Hofbrau & Beer Garden, 7310 Jones Maltsberger, 81
- Las Magueyes Mexican Restaurant, 3743 Pleasanton Rd., 80
- Las Minas Café, 3811 Blanco Rd., 78
- Taqueria La Tapatia, 538 Fair Ave., 78
- Culebra Meat Market, 2800 Culebra Rd., 72
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.