SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Blanco BBQ, 13259 Blanco Rd., 100
- Cosmic Cakery, 150 W. Olmos Dr., 100
- Minnano Japanese Grocery, 7460 Callaghan Rd., 100
- Watercrest at Dominion, 6870 Heuermann Rd., 100
- El Folklor Bakery & Restaurant, 6050 Ingram Rd., 99
- Nadine’s Mexican Restaurant, 3800 Nogalitos St., 98
- Red Lobster, 17415 U.S. 281 North, 96
- Cured, 306 Pearl Pkwy., 95
- Munchies, 5602 Hausman Rd., 93
- Lung Fung Chinese, 14530 Brook Hollow, 92
- Café San Luis, 4502 West Ave., 90
- Flor Di Chiapas, 1045 Bandera Rd., 90
- Las Islas Marias, 10930 Perrin Beitel, 89
- La Taqueria Austin Highway, 1208 Austin Hwy., 88
- Urban Bricks Pizza, 9218 Potranco Rd., 86
- Golden Wok, 8822 Wurzbach Rd., 81
- Southerleigh Fine Food & Brewery, 136 E. Grayson St., 81
- Culebra Super Meat Market, 14100 Nacogdoches Rd., 79
- Regia’s Cocina, 547 Culebra Rd., 79
- Rock San, 5238 De Zavala Rd., 77
- Heavenly Pho, 19178 Blanco Rd., 73
- Eddie’s Taco House Bar & Grill, 3755 Thousand Oaks, 72
- Casa Guadalajara Bar Grill, 2623 NE Loop 410, 70
- Torreon Mexican Restaurant, 1505 Culebra Rd., 67
- Mi Guadalajara, 1151 Culebra Rd., 59
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.