SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Aloha Kitchen, 1151 Harry Wurzbach, 100
- Bun & Barrel, 1150 Austin Hwy., 100
- Mudslingers, 2235 Thousand Oaks, 100
- Yaghi's Pizzeria, 5910 Babcock Rd., 100
- Alamo Drafthouse, 1255 SW Loop 410, 99
- The Lighthouse Seafood, 1212 Fredericksburg, 99
- Whataburger, 7007 S. Zarzamora St., 99
- Agave Grill Mexican Restaurant, 9307 Broadway, 97
- Instant Doughnuts, 15171 Judson Rd., 97
- Gonzales Ice, 900 S. Hackberry St., 96
- Ranchero Grill & Tap, 612 W. Commerce St., 95
- Bill Miller BBQ, 8888 SW Loop 410, 94
- Taqueria el Trompo, 3253 Harry Wurzbach, 94
- Sabor Latino Restaurant, 5506 San Pedro Ave., 89
- Yum Wok, 7863 Callaghan Rd., 89
- Zocalo, 175 E. Houston St., 89
- Culebra Super Meat Market, 4734 Rigsby, 81
- Simple Chinese, 1815 N. New Braunfels, 77
- Asadero de Jalisco, 2123 Culebra Rd., 75
- Golfo de Mexico, 603 Bandera Rd., 71
- Osaka Japanese Steak & Sushi, 11851 Bandera Rd., 71
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.