SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Cheesy Jane’s, 4200 Broadway, 100
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 2341 NW Military Hwy., 100
- Lenny’s Sub Shop, 11503 NW Military Hwy., 100
- Dahlia Thai Cuisine, 8498 Fredericksburg Rd., 98
- Taco Guadalajara Jalisco, 4838 Rittiman Rd., 98
- Mediterranean Turkish Grill, 410 Valley Hi Dr., 96
- Las Palmas Bakery, 528 Iowa St., 90
- El Taco Tote, 9502 IH 10 West, 87
- Pericos, 10820 Bandera Rd., 86
- A Dong Vietnamese & Chinese Restaurant, 5222 De Zavala Rd., 85
- Fresh Donuts, 1302 Austin Hwy., 83
- Red Nach Dragon, 751 General McMullen, 80
- Guerrero’s Mexican Restaurant, 1859 Rigsby Ave., 78
- La Panaderia, 301 E. Houston St., 78
- La Capital Del Sabor, 502 Bandera Rd., 76
- Bella’s Mexican Restaurant, 2802 E. Houston St., 71
- Rita’s Fiesta Café, 612 Bandera Rd., 68
- Wen Wah, 531 N. New Braunfels, 67
- Pancho’s Mexican Restaurant, 1005 W. Old Hwy. 90, 66
- Jack in the Box, 2311 Fredericksburg Rd., 61
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.