SAN ANTONIO - A West Side Jack in the Box failed a city health inspection late last month after an inspector found a roach, gnats and ants inside the restaurant.
The fast-food restaurant in the 2300 block of Fredericksburg Road also had food debris or grease on multiple food storage items and a black substance inside its ice cream machine, according to Metropolitan Health records.
The demerits combined for a failing score of 61.
As of last week, the restaurant was preparing to undergo its third follow-up inspection.
Two employees said they were not allowed to talk about the health code violations. The restaurant's manager has not responded to a request for comment.
Wen Wah Chinese Restaurant
Wen Wah Chinese Restaurant received a failing 67 after an inspector discovered raw chicken and raw beef stored in T-shirt bags.
The restaurant, located in the 500 block of North New Braunfels Avenue, also had rodent droppings on top of canned goods and a cardboard box of noodles, as well as a bug zapper above cleans pots and pans.
The inspector noted that dead bugs were found on a nearby baking sheet.
"My first time, so we never know little things," said the restaurant's manager, who added that she recently took over for her uncle.
During a follow-up inspection, the restaurant had corrected all but five minor violations.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.