SAN ANTONIO - Join KSAT, the San Antonio Food Bank, and Corner Store to help feed the hungry right here in the Alamo City and those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Each Thursday in September, select Corner Store locations will collect donations for the food bank that will go to disaster relief needs or needs within San Antonio.
Where & When:
Corner Store 989- Thursday, September 7th from 9a-7p
1802 S General McMullen (near Kennedy High School)
Corner Store 1087- Thursday, September 14th from 9a-7p
14807 O’Connor Rd (near Madison High School)
Corner Store 2202- Thursday, September 21st from 9a-7p
12070 Blanco Rd (near Churchill High School)
Corner Store 1058 – Thursday, September 28th from 9a-7p
1693 River Road (near Boerne Middle School and Kendall Elementary School)
Fun Facts and Info about the Food Bank:
- The San Antonio Food Bank feeds typically 58,000 people each week.
- During the Hurricane Harvey disaster response we served more than 4,000 meals a day to evacuees in local shelters.
- More than 2,000 emergency food boxes were prepared for families that sought shelter in hotels or with friends and family.
- We anticipate sending as many as 100 truckloads of food and non-food items to the coast in support of hurricane relief.
- In Southwest Texas 1 in 5 adults and 1 in 4 children are food insecure.
- The Food Bank is able to provide 7 meals for every $1 donated.
The San Antonio Food Bank is actively providing emergency support for individuals impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Call the Food Bank helpline 210-337-FOOD for immediate help.
Food For Today: Individuals in our region who need food, clothing, non-food items, and more should contact the Food Bank support team immediately at 210-337-3663. Additionally, if you know of an impacted community that is not receiving support or is in crisis, the Food Bank team is ready to respond and coordinate services.
Food For Tomorrow: Individuals needing help with SNAP (food stamps) or other public benefit programs can get enrollment support by calling 210-337-3663.
Food For A Lifetime: And should our evacuee guests end up in our city for an extended amount of time, the Food Bank team will also help them to find work or train for work. 210-337-3663.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.