SAN ANTONIO - School is in session and that means changes are coming as summer ends and kids head back to the classroom.
Here's a few things you may notice in the coming weeks:
1. Traffic: Get ready to leave for work or school a little earlier. The traffic is a nightmare, especially around school districts.
2. Friday Night Lights: We are weeks away from the start of the high school football season - get ready for pep rallies, marching bands and school spirit.
3. Don't forget school zones: Make sure to monitor the blinking school zone lights and slow down.
4. Last-minute shoppers: Department stores, the mall and H-E-B can be overcrowded with parents doing some back-to-school shopping. (Are trapper keepers still a thing?)
5. Weather: The 100-degree days will hopefully soon be over - we're counting down the days to the first cool front.
6. Banned backpacks: Many local businesses have signs up that forbid students from entering with backpacks.
7. Coffee: Parents, stock up on coffee, you're going to need it as you start getting up earlier to get kids ready and to school on time.
8. School buses: Be on the lookout for school buses - remember it is illegal to drive around them when the lights are flashing.
9. Hug a teacher: Teachers are the amazing people behind educating and caring for our children. Make sure your child's teacher knows he or she is appreciated.
10. College students: It is also time to move college students into their dorms. Parents, be strong.
11. Change of schedule at pools and theme parks: City pools, SeaWorld, Schlitterbahn and Fiesta Texas all change their schedules to weekends only.
12. GMSA: Get your day started with GMSA. We have are here to let you know all the latest news, weather and traffic before you head out the door.
Copyright 2019 by KSAT - All rights reserved.