SAN ANTONIO – Parents of children who will start kindergarten in the San Antonio Independent School District in 2017-18 are invited to get a jump start on the next school year by registering them during the Kindergarten Roundup.
The roundup will be held from 8 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday, with extended hours until 7 p.m. Wednesday.
Registration will be held at the school that the child will attend.
To qualify, the child must be 5 years old by Sept. 1.
The roundup also will provide parents and their children with the chance to learn about educational opportunities, including extracurricular activities, enrichment activities and clubs.
To register, parents must bring:
- A government-issued photo ID
- Proof of SAISD residence (utility bill, phone bill, lease agreement, etc.)
- Child's birth certificate or other proof of child's age and identity
- Child's Social Security card, if available
- Child's up-to-date immunization record
Sign up for email alerts today.
Get alerted to news events as they happen or sign up for a scheduled news headline email that is delivered right to your inbox.
All the day’s important news keeping you up to date wherever you are.
Click here to sign up today.