SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Police Department released new numbers Friday detailing how many people were arrested for driving while intoxicated during Fiesta.
According to police, 233 people were arrested by officers during the 11-day event.
- 8 people arrested had a child under the age of 15 with them.
- 26 people had a previous DWI arrest
- 20 people had three or more previous DWI arrests
- 12 people arrested had an open can in their vehicles
- 29 people had a blood-alcohol content of 0.15 or greater
- 138 people were arrested a charged with DWI.
This year the department was very public in its efforts to curb people from drinking and driving.
On multiple nights officers did virtual ride-alongs on Facebook Live showing people being arrested.
That is a slight uptick from 2015 when 222 people were arrested, but down from 402 arrests in 2014 and 304 arrests in 2013.
Note, this number does not include arrests made by Bexar County Sheriff's officers.