Princess Diana would have turned 55 years old Friday; she was born on July 1, 1961.
Diana, who was just 36 when she died, left a legacy of humanitarian work and was known as the “people’s princess.”
Facts about Diana:
- She supported more than 100 charities.
- Her July 1981 wedding to Prince Charles was watched by 750 million people worldwide.
- Diana’s sister Lady Sarah Spencer dated Prince Charles first.
- The train on Diana’s wedding dress was 25 feet long, the longest in royal history.
- Diana raised $5.7 million for AIDS and breast cancer charities by auctioning off some of her dresses.
- Her favorite color was pink.