Reba McEntire is the first female celebrity to don the white wig and white suit as KFC's Colonel Harland Sanders.
KFC announced in a statement that beginning Jan. 28, the Grammy-winning country superstar will be featured in nationwide ads to promote a new product.
More Entertainment News
- Casey Affleck withdraws from presenting best actress Oscar
- Gwyneth Paltrow: Chris Martin 'is like my brother'
- Octavia Spencer, Jessica Chastain team up to bridge pay gap
- Elton John denounces lack of 'due process' in #MeToo movement
- Crock-Pot in hot water over 'This Is Us' plot twist
- Jack White tour will be 'phone-free'
- Russell Simmons accused of rape in lawsuit
- Oprah addresses running for president
- Field of Dreams damaged by vandals
- Security fears as controversial Bollywood epic opens
"I grew up with Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's part of my story, and I'm so excited to now be part of theirs," said McEntire in the statement. "I've held a lot of roles in my life -- sort of like the Colonel himself -- but this is certainly the most unique one yet."
She appears as herself and as Sanders in an ad posted on the company's Twitter account Jan. 25:
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.