SAN ANTONIO – UPDATE: So. Tex BBQ food truck received the most votes in our Texas Eats Munch Madness Food Truck Bracket Challenge!
Which food truck is the best in San Antonio?
To find the best food truck, “Texas Eats” David Elder has hand-picked 16 delicious food trucks to go head-to-head in the ultimate food showdown, Munch Madness Food Truck Bracket Challenge!
When does Munch Madness start?
The bracket challenge starts Thursday, March 12 and ends on Wednesday, April 8. KSAT12 viewers will be encouraged to vote between the food trucks, starting with the Scrumptious 16.
Each week the competition will narrow down to the Edible 8, the Foodie 4 and finally, the Tasty 2 based on votes.
The winning food truck will be announced on April 9 and will claim the title of Munch Madness Champion!
How can I vote in Munch Madness?
First, you need to register in the “Texas Eats” Munch Madness Food Truck Bracket Challenge to create a profile. Once you’ve made an account, you can start voting for the Scrumptious 16.
You can check to see when each round of voting starts below.
When does voting start?
- SCRUMPTIOUS 16 voting starts on Thursday, March 12 at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, March 19.
- EDIBLE 8 voting starts on Friday, March 20 at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 10:58 a.m. on Tuesday, March 24.
- FOODIE 4 voting starts on Tuesday, March 24 at 11:00 a.m. and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 1.
- TASTY 2 voting starts Thursday, April 2 at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, April 8.
- The WINNER will be revealed on Thursday, April 9 on ksat.com.
In case there is a tie, David Elder will flip a coin and host a Facebook Live on his Texas Eats Facebook page.
The 16 food trucks nominated in Munch Madness are listed below.
Tacos Losoyas Express
Ay Que Rico
Carnitas Don Raul
Datz it and Datz All
The Jerk Shack
Philly’s Phamous Cheesesteaks
Purple Pig BBQ
Holy Smokes BBQ
So. Tex BBQ
Bad to the Bone BBQ
Yai’s Mobile Kitchen
The Asian Peach
Katii Thai Food
Watch past “Texas Eats” episodes here: