Foodies judge annual taco truck competition in San Antonio
6th Annual Twisted Taco Truck Throwdown set for Saturday
SAN ANTONIO – Taco wars will be in full swing Saturday as over 20 taco and food trucks will be competing at the 6th Annual Twisted Taco Truck Throwdown.
The trucks will compete for best al pastor taco, best freestyle taco and the people's choice winner. The people's choice is judged by those in attendance. Votes will be submitted via text.
Competitors will sell al pastor tacos for $1 from 4-8 p.m. Saturday.
The event has grown each year. This year, trucks will line several roads around VFW Post 76 on 10th Street.
There will be plenty of tacos and entertainment. It's free to attend and it all gets started at 4 p.m.
For more on the event click here.
Food trucks participating:
- Dona Kika Tacos Y Gorditas - Gorditas
- Tacos El Cohuilense – Popeye Wrap (chicken wrap)
- Nothing Fancy – “The Fat One” taco
- The Grilled Jalapeno – Grilled, stuffed jalapeno taco
- Sirwacha – Asian taco
- Mr. Meximum – Mystic Taco
- Chela’s Taco – Chicken cilantro taco
- Hippie Mommas – Bourbon chicken taco
- Truck N’ Taco – Poblano chicken taco
- Puerto Rican Grub Express – Cubano taco
- El Saborsito Tejano – Carne asada mini tacos
- Lady Picoza – Pirata taco
- Beto’s Tacos – Tacos deshebrada
- Hot Burras – Discada
- El Bocaduras – Foot long hot dog
- Gracies Kitchen 2 – Brisket tacos
- Gracies Kitchen – Brisket tacos
- Groucy Mama’s
- Benjie’s Munch Truck – chicen on a stick with jalapeno
- Texas Tacos – Enchilada taco
- Teka Molina Mobile – Carne guisada tacos
- Los Compadres – Carnitas tacos
- Daddy O’s Cocina – Beef fajitas
- Khoury’s Mediterranean Grill – Lamb taco
- Hector’s Tacos – Shrimp mini tacos
- Salinas Mini Taco = Carne asada tacos
- Tropi Tako - Quesadillas
Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.