This super-easy peppermint bark recipe is a quick and easy holiday favorite. It barely requires any cooking and the only time consuming part of the baking is the cooling.
I hope you and yours enjoy this simple holiday staple! Read below to find out how to make this yummy treat.
What You'll Need:
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bar or chips
- 8 ounces white chocolate bar or chips (I opted for the chips)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 12 peppermint candies, crushed
- 9x9 inch pan
- Waxed paper
- Double boiler to melt the chocolate
- First you'll want to lightly grease your 9x9 pan and line it with some waxed paper. The greasing helps the paper stick.
- Then place semi-sweet chocolate into the double-boiler on the stove on a medium heat. Don't have a double-boiler? Don't worry. Here's an easy one that you can put together with some common kitchen items. I promise it's easy.
- Start to stir the chocolate chips on a low heat then add one teaspoon of canola oil.
- Once the semi-sweet chocolate is melted, pour it into the 9x9 pan and spread evenly. Once spread let it harden in the refrigerator for about an hour until completely hardened.
- While waiting you can crush up your peppermint candies. I just put them in a plastic bag and gently crushed them with a rolling pin. Or you can always use a food processor.
- After the semi-sweet chocolate is hardened begin to melt the white chocolate chips the same way as you did for the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Once melted, pour the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate and spread evenly. The semi-sweet will begin to melt, I noticed, if you mess with it too much!
- Sprinkle your crushed candy over the white chocolate then place into the refrigerator for another hour to let harden.
- Once hardened carefully break up the bark and serve!