SAN ANTONIO – H-E-B and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration will give the public an opportunity to responsibly dispose potentially dangerous expired, unused and unwanted prescription drugs as part of the DEA's National Take Back Day from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday.
People can bring their pills for disposal to the following H-E-B locations in San Antonio:
- El Mercado H-E-B, 2130 Culebra Road
- McCreless Market H-E-B plus!, 3524 S. New Braunfels
- Marbach & 410 H-E-B plus!, 8219 Marbach Road
- Bandera & 1604 H-E-B plus!, 11650 Bandera Road
- Zarzamora & Military H-E-B plus!, 7010 South Zarzamora
The service is free and anonymous, no questions asked. Sites can only accept pills or patches. Liquids, needles or sharps cannot be accepted.
More health news from KSAT.com: