14-Year-Old Hospitalized With 100 Bubble Tea Pearls in Her Stomach

By Inside Edition Staff
Copyright (c) 2018 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.

A girl in China was rushed to the emergency room because she was constipated. The unlikely culprit? Too much bubble tea. 

The 14-year-old was hospitalized in May after telling doctors she had been constipated for multiple days. When doctors did a CT scan, they found at least 100 tapioca pearls in the teen’s stomach, Asia One reported.

She also told doctors she was experiencing stomach aches and had no appetite. 

The girl was questioned about her bubble tea drinking habits following the discovery. She claimed she’d had just one before checking in to the hospital, but doctors said it had to have taken much more to end up in her state, the paper reported. 

Tapioca pearls can be hard for the body to digest because they are made out of starch. 

Doctors prescribed her laxatives for the condition, according to reports. 


Injured Deer Stumbles into Hospital Emergency Room

Passenger Opened Plane's Emergency Exit Thinking It Was the Bathroom

Couple Marries in Courthouse Bathroom After Groom's Mom Has Medical Emergency

Copyright (c) 2018 CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.