SAN ANTONIO - Kick off the new year saving a life by donating blood!
Thanks to our KSAT Community partner, University Health System, there will be a citywide blood drive from Jan. 28 to Feb. 1 at University Hospital, located at 4502 Medical Drive.
Facts about donating blood:
- One donation of blood can potentially save three lives.
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
Blood drive schedule at University Hospital, 4502 Medical Drive
- Monday, Jan. 28, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 29, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 31, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 1, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Blood banks must supply blood for everyday surgeries along with emergencies that can strike at any time.
For more information, visit donatebloodtoday.com or call 210-358-2812.
KSAT Community operates in partnership with University Health System, Energy Transfer and San Antonio Area Chevy Dealers.
Information courtesy of University Health System.
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.