Warning: This article contains a graphic image.
An Oklahoma man has vowed to find the person responsible for cutting off a 3-month-old puppy's ears.
- Company to sell cannabis dog treats
- Dork, the beloved missing emu, dies
- FDA: Don't feed bone treats to dogs
- Wu-Tang Clan poo-poos pup-walking company's name
- Colorado trains K-9 police to save dogs from opioid overdoses
- Want to live longer? Get a dog
- Student sues university (and wins) for ADA violations over service dog…
- Carrie Fisher's French bulldog Gary 'doing well'
- Sheep recognize faces of celebrities
Rocky the dog was found crying in an Oklahoma City backyard, KOCO reported. His ears had been completely removed.
“We’ve seen instances where ... someone attempted to crop ears and did a poor job,” Jon Gary, superintendent of Oklahoma City Animal Welfare, told KOCO this week. “The ears were intentionally removed from the animal.”
Rocky can still hear and is recovering at a foster home, KOCO reported.
“If no owner comes forward, he’ll be available for adoption,” Gary said. “But it’ll be several weeks before we’re able to do that, due to the nature of his injuries.”
When Matt Niksch heard Rocky's story, he "just snapped," he told KOCO. He vowed to find out what happened to the pup, even putting up $1,000 of his own money as a reward.
“We’re coming. We’ll find you," said Niksch, who owns two dogs. "I mean, if it takes money to find you, we’ll find you.”
PETA is offering a $5,000 reward for information that leads to a conviction, KOCO reported.
“I’ll keep posting it on Facebook ... whatever, until they’re caught,” Niksch told KOCO.