HEB Grilled Coconut and Chocolate
Make grilling a little tropical by using coconuts and chocolate
GRILLED COCONUT with MELTED CHOCOLATE
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 fresh, whole coconut
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Salt as needed - A sprinkle over each piece brings out the flavors of the chocolate and coconut
1. Preheat Grill to 350F.
2. Using the back of a large knife or a rolling pin, break open the coconut and save or pour off the water. If possible break the coconut into smaller chunks (it's easier to scoop out the meat that way).
3. Once the coconut is in smaller chunks, use your knife to score the flesh of the coconut (as if cutting a slice of pie) and use a spoon to scoop out the meat. Set meat aside.
4. Grill your coconut chunks until they begin to turn brown and get a toasted marshmallow color. Set aside to cool and cover with foil.
5. In a microwave glass bowl (or over a double broiler) melt your chocolate chips for about 2 min. Microwave in 30 sec bursts to keep chocolate from burning if using the microwave. Once melted set aside to cool briefly.
6. Dip each piece of coconut into the chocolate, allow to coat and dry in fridge or dip and eat warm as a yummy snack.
Four (4) - 78g servings
Total Fat: 25g
Saturated Fat: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 6