Fried Apple and Asian Pear Pot Stickers
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 pkg of 12 Wonton wrappers
- 2 ea. Fuji apples and Asian pears, diced small
- 1 stick (4oz) HEB Organics unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup HEB dark brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Central Market Chinese 5 Spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-3cups grape seed or canola oil, for frying.
- As needed cinnamon sugar for dusting
1. Dice up your apple and pear into small pieces. You want them to be able to fit into the pot stickers.
2. In a large sauté pan add the butter and melt. Add in all the apple first and stir fry until soft, then add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on med low heat until mixture begins to thicken and bubble.
3. Remove from heat and then allow to cool before using. Meanwhile in a larger pot set over medium heat add your oil and begin to heat for frying.
4. Lay out the individual pot stickers on a sheet pan lined with parchment or wax paper (to keep them from sticking).
5. When the apple pear mixture is cool scoop out the mixture with a spoon into the center of each pot sticker. Then with your finger wipe a dab of water around the edges and fold the pot sticker in half and crimp with a fork or spoon to seal the edges. (repeat this step for all pot stickers)
6. Fry each pot sticker in hot oil until they are crispy and golden brown. Toss while still hot in cinnamon sugar and enjoy anytime.