HEB Brick Grilled Game Hens
Brick Grilled Game Hens
Prep time: 40 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 6 each Cornish Game Hens, thawed
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
- 6 tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, plus lemon zest
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 each foil wrapped bricks
1. Using kitchen shears remove the backbone from the Cornish Hens and flatten out.
2. To make the marinade, combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk.
3. Pour the marinade over the game hens or place them into zip top bags and add in the marinade.
4. Let the birds marinate for 3 to 12 hours.
5. Preheat the grill to medium high flame.
6. Place the game hens on the grill with a brick over the top.
7. Grill for 15 minutes on one side them flip. Return the brick to the bird after flipping.
8. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, then turn the grill off. Carefully remove the brick.
9. Cut each game hen in half and serve.
WINE PAIRING: Four Star Chardonnay