HEB Grilled Texas Citrus Ceviche
Grilled Texas Citrus Ceviche
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45-60 minutes cure time (No cooking involved)
- 1lbs fresh Gulf Red Snapper, diced into small pieces
- 1 ea. grapefruit, cut in half
- 1 ea. naval prange, cut in half
- 5 ea. large limes, cut in half
- 1 pkg (12oz) HEB Pico de Gallo, medium
- ¼ cup Manzanilla or Spanish green olives, pitted and diced
- To taste salt and pepper
- Optional* 1 each serrano pepper, diced small
1. Pre-heat your grill to 350°-400°F.
2. Place your fruit on the grill cut side down for 8-10min or until you have achieved some grill marks on your fruit. (You want to fruit to be on the grill long enough to get soft). Remove fruit from grill, allow to cool and squeeze the grilled juices into a bowl.
3. In a large bowl, add your diced fish, pico de gallo, grilled fruit juices, diced olives, salt and pepper and optional serrano. Toss this mixture together and refrigerate for at least 45min to 1 hour. You want to make sure the fish has time to cure in the acid. Remove from the fridge and eat with your favorite chips as an appetizer or main course. (The fish should be completely opaque and a little flaky before eating).
Perfect Wine Pairing: Kim Crawford Spitfire Sauvignon Blanc
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.