HEB Shrimp Fettucine
Shrimp Fettuccini Alfredo
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1lb Fresh Gulf Shrimp
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 16oz fettuccini pasta
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated.
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, chopped.
- To taste salt and black pepper.
- Optional saffron threads, small pinch.
1. In a large sauté pan melt your butter over med/heat and stir fry your artichokes for about 2 min then add in your garlic and cook for about 1-2more minutes. Add in your shrimp and stir fry for 1 min the remove and set aside to add at the end.
2. Once the garlic is fragrant add in the heavy cream, *optional saffron and allow to reduce and get thick (about 10min of cooking)
3. While your cream sauce is reducing, cook your pasta according to package instructions and set aside.
4. Once your cream sauce starts to look thick, add back in the shrimp, the parmesan cheese, and the pasta. Toss to coat everything, and cook for 2min until shrimp is fully cooked. Season to taste, serve immediately.
Perfect Wine Pairing: Michael David Chardonnay