Bistro Turkey Burger
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 lbs ground turkey meat
- 1 medium shallot, grated or minced finely
- 3 fresh cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) white wine
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 cup(s) fresh arugula
1. Preheat grill to 350ºF or preheat broiler and adjust oven rack to be about 6 - 8 inches below broiler.
2. In a large bowl, combine turkey meat, shallot, garlic, thyme, wine, mustard and salt together. Mix by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated.
3. Form into 4 to 6 patties and lay them out on sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Allow patties to come to room temperature insuring time for flavors to meld.
4. Spray grill with nonstick spray before grilling, and place patties on grill allowing to cook 4 - 6 minutes per side, depending on how thick patties were made. If broiling, place burgers on sheet pan lined with foil, not parchment paper and cook about 5 - 6 minutes per side or until slight crust has formed. Rack may have to be adjusted if patties are getting too crispy. The internal temperature should reach 165ºF for whatever application is used.
Note: Allowing meat to come to room temperature before cooking will help ensure proper cooking times.
5. Once burgers are cooked to desired preference, place on favorite bun while still hot and top with fresh arugula, it will start to wilt and add a nice peppery flavor. Serve with your favorite condiments.