HEB Red White and Blue Shortcake
Red, White and Blue Shortcake
Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 6 ea. fresh baked croissants
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. Central Market Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. lemon zest
1. In a large bowl combine the berries, sugar and balsamic vinegar together and mix well. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 30min.
2. In a mixer or a metal bowl place the heavy cream, lemon zest and maple syrup together, mix on low speed or by hand until the whipped cream is stiff or has medium peaks.
3. Build your shortcake by opening up your croissant and stuffing it with the macerated berries and top with the lemon cream. Drizzle with a little of the leftover juice from the macerated fruit.
Wine: Chandon American Summer Rose (in CC)