HEB Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Grilled Brussels Sprouts with East Ciders Gastrique
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 16 oz. Austin East Ciders Dry Apple Cider
- 1 cup apple Cider
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts
- 1 lb. pearl onions, peeled
- As needed - skewers
1. Combine the brown sugar, apple cider, apple cider vinegar, and salt, in a medium sized sauce pot over medium-high heat. Allow the mixture to come to a boil then reduce heat and allow it to simmer. Reduce the sauce by half.
2. Meanwhile, remove the skin from the onions and discard.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high flame.
4. Skewer the onions and Brussels sprouts, alternating between onions and sprouts.
5. Coat the skewers with olive oil and salt and pepper.
6. Place the skewers on the grill and cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender and crisp on all sides.