Recipe: Strawberry basil scones with balsamic butter
Check out more yummy recipes at heb.com
The advertiser paid a fee to promote this sponsored article and may have influenced or authored the content. The views expressed in this article are those of the advertiser and do not necessarily reflect those of this site or affiliated companies.
Recipe makes 8 Servings
2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
1 Tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup(s) sugar, additional 3 tablespoons for later use
1 Tsp baking powder
1 Tsp baking soda
8 Oz unsalted butter, cold, cubed and divided
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1 cup(s) frozen strawberries, chopped
1/4 cup(s) chopped basil
1/2 cup(s) Mexican Crema
1/4 cup(s) Vela Farms Strawberry Balsamic Serrano Jam
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, 4 ounces of butter.
3. Using a fork or your hands work the mixture until it resembles sand.
4. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, gently combine.
5. Next add in fruit, basil and crema and mix just until all is combined.
6. The dough should be lumpy.
7. Turn dough over onto a cutting board and form a rounded disk. Cut the disk into 8 even pie pieces.
8. Carefully transfer dough to a parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Brush a small amount of jam over each scone and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the scones are browned and cooked through. Let stand before serving.
11. To make the butter, place remaining 4 ounces of butter to come up to room temperature.
12. Place butter and the remaining jam into a bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip until completely combined and smooth.
13. Serve scones with generous amount of butter.
Get the nutritional facts of the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here!
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.