Recipe makes 4 Servings
1 Tsp juniper berries, whole
1 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 Tsp cumin seeds
1 Tbsp whole black peppercorns
1 Tsp fennel seeds
2 bone-in pork tomahawks, about 1 lb a piece
1. Preheat grill to medium-high or approximately 375ºF.
2. Meanwhile, using a small pan toast juniper, red pepper flakes, cumin, peppercorns, and fennel until fragrant and just starting to toast.
3. Place toasted spices into a blender and pulse until completely ground.
4. Season pork tomahawks liberally with spice mix and salt on both sides.
5. Once grill is hot, place pork on well oiled grill and sear 2 to 4 minutes. Rotate pork 45 degrees to create hash marks and cook an additional 2 to 4 minutes.
6. Flip pork and continue to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of at least 150ºF. Rest before cutting and serving.
Get the nutritional information of the recipe and add ingredients to your H-E-B shopping list here!