SAN ANTONIO – The city of San Antonio will host its quarterly cleanup event, Free Landfill Disposal Day, on Saturday. San Antonio residents will be able to dispose of unwanted items from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The city will not dispose of contractor, commercial, industrial, or hazardous waste. Loads in trucks and trailers should be secured and covered to prevent contents from spilling onto roadways.
To participate, each San Antonio resident must show a CPS Energy bill and picture ID.
Locations taking part in Saturday's disposal event are as follows:
- Allied Waste Services Tessman Landfill, 7000 IH-10 East
- WM-Covel Gardens Landfill, 8611 Covel Road
- TDS Starcrest Transfer Station, 11601 Starcrest Road (bulky items only)
- Southside Drop-off Center, Highway 90 and Callaghan
- Directly behind the Household Hazardous Waste Center, 7030 Culebra (bulky items only)
For brush material only, visit the following locations:
- Bitters Brush Recycling Center, 1800 Bitters Road
- Nelson Gardens Brush Recycling Center, 8963 Nelson Road
Before visiting the landfill, the city encourages residents to remember the three R's: reduce, reuse, and recycle.