Dog dies after biting firework
MIDLAND, Texas – A dog was killed in a fireworks accident last weekend in West Texas.
Midland police say two people were popping leftover fireworks when a neighbor's dog ran into the backyard.
The dog bit into a lit firework and it exploded in its mouth. Police say the dog's body was then thrown into a dumpster.
The case is under investigation, but police believe it was fireworks recklessness and the pair didn't intend to hurt the dog.
The owners say there was no way the dog could have gotten into the backyard.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.