SAN ANTONIO – KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door just discovered the worst restaurant inspection score of 2013 so far.
Cazadores Restaurant & Motel, located in the 8700 block of Interstate 10 East at FM 1516 in East Bexar County, recently failed their health inspection with 53 demerits.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door stopped by to investigate and saw an empty but clean dining room.
Most of the demerits were connected to kitchen cleanliness and employee hygiene.
KSAT was told employees were re-trained and signed a document saying they would follow stricter health guidelines. An inspector is due back at the restaurant on Monday.
Garibaldi Mexican Restaurant, located at 6739 New Highway 90 West at Pinn Road, failed their latest inspection with 37 demerits. Their violations included:
- A walk-in cooler at an unsafe 50 degrees.
- Employees were wearing soiled, moldy aprons.
- The staff was told clean up grease and food debris throughout the establishment.
The owner's daughter called KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door and said they passed their re-inspection.
She said the cooler isn't broken and the aprons were stained and not moldy. She believes the kitchen looked dirty because the inspection took place after a busy lunch shift.
The following restaurants received zero demerits on their latest health inspection:
- El Buen Gusto Mexican Cafe on West Southcross.
- Las Palapas off Interstate 10 in Leon Springs.
- Pacific Moon on Highway 281 North.
- Pizza Express on West Military Drive.