SAN ANTONIO – Parents in the SAISD can begin to submit applications for district's Head Start program beginning Monday, Feb 25.
According to an SAISD press release, parents whose 3- and 4-year-olds who may qualify for the federal Head Start program this fall may apply during the roundup period between Feb. 25 and March 7, at four different Early Childhood Education Center locations within San Antonio ISD. Applications are for the 2013-14 school year.
Here is a list of centers accepting applications and a full schedule of operations.
- Knox ECE, 302 Tipton St., 78204 Feb. 25-26, (3 - 7 p.m.)
- Carvajal ECE, 225 Arizona St, 78207 Feb. 27- March 1 (3 - 7 p.m.)
- Caroll ECE, 463 Holmgreen Rd., 78220 March 4-5 (3 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Tynan ECE, 925 Gulf St., 78202 March 6-7 (3 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
To qualify, children must be 3 or 4 on or before Sept. 1, and are selected based upon need. SAISD expects to finalize the majority of the enrollment selection by early May, with the remainder of the enrollment and parent notification completed by the end of June.
For more details and applications call 210-554-2410 or go to: www.saisd.net/dept/headstart/
For applications, parents/guardians must bring:
- Child's Social Security card
- Child's birth certificate
- Child's up-to-date immunization record
- 2012 tax return, W-2 or proof of income for the past 12 months
- Current proof of residency in SAISD such as CPS, SAWS, home phone bill, lease (bill holder must be present to verify address)
- Photo ID of Parent / Guardian
If the following applies, parents/guardians must bring these documents:
- Unemployment compensation
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Social Security Benefit
- Earned Income
- Conservatorship Care
- Foster Care
- Kinship Care
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Students Grants / Scholarships
- Other Income
- Bring Disability Documentation