SAN ANTONIO – Two San Antonio restaurants failed their recent health inspection for a variety of violations.
Rocky's Tacos at 2423 Pleasanton Road, which is not affiliated with Rocky's Taco House, failed their most recent health inspection with 39 demerits.
- The health inspector reports warned the staff to wash their hands as needed.
- Several produce items were spoiled and rotted.
- The most important step in dish washing, sanitizing, was being skipped. That was fixed on the spot.
A manager told KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door health inspectors stopped by at the wrong time, during the busy weekend leading up to Spring Break.
The manager said everything is great now and Rocky's Tacos passed their re-inspection with zero demerits on Monday.
Pho Thien An at 126 W. Rector specializes in Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine. They failed their latest inspection with 38 demerits. Their violations included:
- Cheese wontons were found on top of raw meat inside the freezer along with uncovered food items.
- Live roaches were spotted under the dishwasher and dead ones under a sink.
An employee said he thinks they passed their re-inspection last week and he thinks they have pest control treatments once a month.
He says they are still in business and have the best Vietnamese soup in town.
The following restaurants just passed their health inspections with perfect scores or zero demerits:
- Hillbilly Barbecue & Burgers on Portranco Road in west Bexar County.
- Ultimate Cheesecake Bakery on East Basse.
- Whataburger on Loop 1604 near Potranco.
- Wingstop on West Commerce.