Fire damages east San Antonio home, sets off propane explosion
SAFD: Cause of fire likely electrical, no major injuries reported
An electrical fire damaged an east side home and caused a few propane tanks to explode early Monday morning.
San Antonio firefighters responded to the fire just before 1 a.m. in the 600 block of J Street.
Fire officials said a woman attempted to plug an electrical item into an outlet or power strip when the fire began in the wall and spread to the attic.
Flames spread to a couple of trees and propane tanks behind the home exploded.
Paramedics treated an individual at the scene. No other injuries were reported. Damage estimates were unknown.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.