2 NE Side houses damaged by fire
Explosion reported at scene
SAN ANTONIO – San Antonio firefighters were at the scene of a fire at two houses on the city's Northeast Side on Friday afternoon.
Officials say the fire was caused by a gas line break.
They say around 4:45 p.m., an elderly man was parking his car in the garage of a home located in the 12300 block of Constitution, near Valley Forge, on the city's Northeast Side, when he accidentally hit the gas pedal.
The car went through the garage and hit a gas line, causing an explosion.
The flames from the explosion spread to the house next door.
A military veteran who lives next door to the second home that caught on fire heard the explosion and ran over to the victims car and pulled him out.
The victim suffered only minor injuries and was taken to San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.