Behind the Kitchen Door: Rodent droppings, mold lead to failing scores
Casa Guadalajara Bar & Grill, Oscar Taco House fail inspection
SAN ANTONIO – Mold in the ice machine and rodent droppings are just two of the things health inspectors found at a pair of San Antonio restaurants.
Casa Guadalajara Bar & Grill located at 2623 N.E. Loop 410 at Perrin Beitel failed their most recent health inspection with 33 demerits.
- The inspector found mold in the ice machine.
- The walk-in cooler's temperature was a way-too-warm 51 degrees.
- The staff was cited for improper hand washing.
Metro Health tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door the restaurant passed their re-inspection three days later. The manager said the fridge door was fixed and they have cleaned things up.
Oscar Taco House located at 705 Barrett Place off Zarzamora near Frio City Road failed their inspection with 32 demerits.
- The inspector spotted knives in a dirty cup of water.
- The inspector also found rotten potatoes and rodent droppings in the storage area.
The manager said, with their reputation at stake, they were eager to cooperate with the health department and corrections have been made. He added they are proud of their food and will build a brand new restaurant at the same location.
The following restaurants received zero demerits during their latest health inspections:
- Domino's Pizza at 2819 Palo Alto Road.
- Peter Piper Pizza at 5610 W. Loop 1604 North at Wiseman Boulevard.
- Pizza Patron at 2913 West Avenue.
- Rome's Pizza at 10555 Culebra Road.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.