Molotov cocktails tossed into home, sparking fire on Zabra Street
6 people, including children, got out safely
SAN ANTONIO – A fire that appears to have been sparked by Molotov cocktails caused minimal damage to a West Side home, according to San Antonio firefighters at the scene.
The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday at a family's home in the 300 block of Zabra Street.
Six people, including several children, were inside when it started but safely evacuated, firefighters said.
They said witnesses told them someone had thrown three Molotov cocktails at the home, starting the fire.
Firefighters found flames coming from a roof vent and quickly put out the fire.
Hours later, only small signs of damage were evident, including some charred roof shingles and burn marks on the lawn.
Although it appeared someone was back inside the home by that time, no one would answer the door.
A relative who drove up to the home around 8 a.m. Tuesday also declined to comment on the fire.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.