Man shot during attempted home invasion in northwest San Antonio
San Antonio police looking for three would-be robbers
SAN ANTONIO – A Northwest Side man who told San Antonio police he was the victim of a botched home invasion is recovering from a gunshot wound that he suffered during the incident.
Officers were called to a home in the 100 block of Harvard Terrace after 11 p.m. Sunday where they said they found a man in his 20s with a gunshot wound in his leg.
Police said he told them a man had knocked on his door, then tried to push his way in at gunpoint while demanding cash.
The victim told police he was able to push the gunman back outside, and saw him run to a waiting car which had two other people in it.
As the vehicle drove away, the man said he stepped back outside to write down the license plate number.
The victim told police that was when someone in the car fired a shot, hitting him in the leg. Police did not release a detailed description of the would-be robbers and no arrests had been announced as of 7:30 a.m. Monday.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.