Behind the Kitchen Door: Taqueria, Mexican restaurant fail inspection
El Jaral, Taqueria Las Mariposa's fail health inspection
SAN ANTONIO – A pair of San Antonio restaurants failed their recent health inspections for a variety of violations.
El Jaral Mexican Restaurant located at 5140 Roosevelt Avenue failed its inspection with 36 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector found raw eggs at 90 degrees.
- Condensation from a cooler was dripping onto some food.
- The restaurant was told to continue efforts to control roaches.
The restaurant's listed phone number has been disconnected. Metro Health said a re-inspection is scheduled but had not taken place as of Thursday night.
Taqueria Las Mariposa's located at 1701 Guadalupe Street failed its inspection with 30 demerits. The taqueria just opened last month, and took over where Casa Dos Laredos used to be located. Their violations included:
- The inspector found different foods cooling at room temperature.
- A tortilla container with sliced limes was found sitting in the ice used for customer drinks.
- Staff were told to remove thick food debris in the microwave.
The taqueria had no working phone as well. Metro Health had not scheduled a follow-up visit as of Thursday night as they give the new business time to correct mostly minor violations.
The following restaurants all received perfect scores during their latest inspection:
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches located at 8802 Potranco Road.
- Oasis Cafe located at 210 McCullough Avenue.
- Sompong's Thai Restaurant located at 8110 Fredricksburg Road.
- Sonic Drive-in located at 1611 S. General McMullen.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.