60ºF

Electrical issues cause house fire on NE Side

Minor damage, no injuries

An electrical problem is the cause of an overnight house fire on the city's Northeast Side.
An electrical problem is the cause of an overnight house fire on the city's Northeast Side.

An electrical issue is the cause of an overnight house fire on the city's Northeast Side.

It happened around 12:45 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Brees Boulevard.

According to fire officials, the fire started in the back of the house, next to the garage.

Firefighters said it was the electrical feed box that started the fire.

The garage of the home sustained minor damage.

Two residents were at home when the fire started, but firefighters were able to get the out safely.