3 people escape mobile home fire
Flames destroyed mobile home sparked by Christmas tree
SAN ANTONIO – A fire that destroyed a mobile home in northeast Bexar County was sparked by a Christmas tree, investigators said.
The flames broke out Thursday morning on Flamingo Lane near Crestway.
A woman who lives in the home says it started just before 7 a.m., after she plugged in the lights on her real Christmas tree.
The woman said she smelled smoke and noticed the tree was on fire. The flames quickly spread.
She alerted her mother and another relative and they ran to a neighbor's house to call the fire department. The homeowner wanted to go back inside to save her four cats, but the smoke and flames were too heavy.
She was holding a cat that she thought was hers, but she later realized it was a neighborhood stray.
At last check, none of her cats had been found.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.