New detour routes created for King William Fair
Downtown Detours around S. Alamo Street for Fiesta's King William Fair
Detours around the construction along S. Alamo between Probandt and E. Guenther have been created for simple access to this year's King William Fair on Saturday, from 9 a.m to 6 p.m.
SAWS is completing utility work in coordination with the City of San Antonio's S. Alamo Street and drainage improvements project.
The project will alleviate drainage issues, improve roadway conditions and enhance pedestrian access to the area.
It is on schedule for completion in August 2014 and is within budget.
The closed stretch of S. Alamo Street borders the Blue Star Arts Complex and includes the S. Alamo Street Bridge over the River Walk.
There is no parking permitted in the Fair Zone and very limited parking throughout the remaining King William area.
Visit www.kwfair.org/transportation-parking-king-william-fair for more details about transportation, parking options, road closures, detours and entrances to the Fair:
- VIA Park & Ride – Depart from Crossroads Park & Ride, from Airport Park & Ride (Northern Boulevard) or Madla Transit Center and arrive on South Main Avenue
- VIA Bus and Streetcar Routes – Multiple bus routes and the Blue Streetcar serve the King William area
- Free Parking at 1901 South Alamo Street – Located at the corner of South Alamo and South Flores Streets, this free parking lot is a short walk to the Guenther Street Fair admission gate
- Paid Parking Lots – Options ranging from $5 – $10 located near Hemisfair Park and the Alamodome's Parking Lot B
- Bicycle Parking, Bike Valet, and B-Cycle – Bike Valet service available at The Station Café, and B-Cycle stations located throughout the King William area
Copyright 2014 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.