Stress headaches: Stop the cycle
Control your stress to control your headaches
Stress can make your head hurt, and a headache can really stress you out. Either way, you can rein in the pain with these tips to keep stress under control:
1. Simplify. Ask yourself what really needs to be done and what can be dropped.
2. Delegate. Look over your to-do list and delegate what you can.
3. Laugh. Humor is a great way to relieve stress.
4. Relax. When you feel your muscles begin to tense, breathe deeply. Focus on inhaling and exhaling deeply and slowly for at least 10 minutes.
5. Exercise. Regular exercise provides a healthy break from the stress of daily life.