Wendy Davis accepts 6 debate invitations around Texas
Greg Abbott has accepted 2 invitations so far
The Wendy Davis campaign on Thursday announced the Texas Democratic gubernatorial hopeful has accepted invitations for six debates around Texas in the lead-up to the November election.
She will square off against Attorney General Greg Abbott on topics such as education and the economy.
"In an effort to ensure that all Texans -- not just a select few -- have the opportunity to hear directly from both candidates, Wendy Davis has accepted six debate invitations in communities throughout the state," Davis said in a statement.
The six debate invitations include:
- Rio Grande Valley: The Monitor/KGBT/KLTM; Sept. 15 or 16 (Dates proposed)
- Houston: Texas Municipal League, Oct. 3 - (Out of respect for the Jewish holiday Yom Kippur, the debate will take place at noon before sundown)
- Dallas-Fort Worth: WFAA, Date TBD
- San Antonio (Proposed Location): Univision, Oct. 14
- Lubbock: KLBK, Date TBD
- El Paso: Coronado High School student organization WE(FillTheBlank) in partnership with El Paso Times & KVIA, Date TBD
The Davis campaign has accepted the Rio Grande Valley debate with The Monitor but has proposed alternate dates as Sept. 19 - the date originally proposed - conflicts with the Texas Tribune Festival. Additionally, the Davis campaign has suggested the format be changed to a town hall.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.