Northside apartment fire displaces 20
Cooking oil fire may be to blame for fire
A fire broke out at a Northside apartment complex Saturday night.
It happened just before 8 p.m. in the 4400 block of Gardendale near Wurzbach Road.
When crews arrived to the Auburn Creek Apartments, flames were coming from both sides of the complex.
About 20 people were quickly evacuated as crews worked to put out the fire.
"We have two patients that were checked and released at this time. One was for superficial burns, the other one was for smoke inhalation," said Thomas McNulty, San Antonio Fire Department battalion chief.
A fire official said the fire may have started while a family was cooking oil inside one the units.
Authorities estimate the total amount of damage to be about $120,000.
Officials are working with the Red Cross to find a place for the those evacuated to stay the night.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.