4 people, 5 dogs escape burning home
Neighbors report seeing flames while residents still inside
Flames consumed the roof of a home on the 9200 block of Ridge Town Tuesday afternoon.
Four people and five dogs were inside the house when the fire began.
They called 911 reporting a smell of smoke, while neighbors simultaneously called in reports of visible flames shooting through the top of the home.
The fire started in the attic of the home and quickly consumed the roof.
"When we got here, even though there was heavy fire visible through the roof, the house was relatively free of smoke," said SAFD Battalion Chief Chris Varelas. "You could walk through the house and you never knew that the entire roof was gone."
Everyone inside including the pets made it out safely.
Varelas believes the fire was accidental and was caused by an electrical problem.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.