A/C fire forces West Side family from home
SAN ANTONIO – A fire that started in a new A/C unit forced a West Side family from their home Friday.
The family said they purchased the unit Thursday night.
Firefighters said the window unit appears to be what set the family's house on fire just before noon on Rosemont Street.
The family said the smoke alarms in the home alerted them to the fire. They also saw smoke coming inside the windows and before they knew it, the curtains were on fire.
The parents and three children made it out of the home safely, but not before the fire caused about $30,000 in damage.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.