Multi-million dollar company coming to New Braunfels
CBE call center to hires hundreds
NEW BRAUNFELS, Texas – A multimillion-dollar company is coming to New Braunfels, creating hundreds of jobs in the fraud prevention sector.
CBE is an international call center company that plans to start hiring within the coming months, adding over 100 workers by the end of this year.
An empty grocery store off Business Interstate 35 in New Braunfels will soon be home to the company, which has been in operation for more than 80 years.
After researching many cities across the state, CBE spokesperson Mary Phillips said, New Braunfels was determined to be the right fit for them.
"We were engaged with many discussions with the economic development folks and the chamber folks of New Braunfels, and we were very pleased with the incentives they offered us to come here," said Phillips.
According to New Braunfels officials, the city recently had an unemployment rate of 6 percent, but last year it went down to 4.7 percent.
The office in New Braunfels will focus on fraud prevention and will hire about 500 people over the next three to five years.
"It's going to be people in a contact-center environment, using their critical thinking skills as well as their customer service to make decisions on whether a case may be fraudulent or not," said Phillips.
According to city officials, the economic boost CBE will add is close to $400 million over the next decade.
Jeff Jewell, New Braunfels development coordinator, said 90 percent of jobs will be customer service positions, with the remaining 10 percent being in management.
"Ninety percent of their employees will make $10 to $11 per hour plus benefits and bonus compensation; the professional and management positions have a starting salary of $53,000," said Jewell.
New Braunfels is CBE'S seventh location. Headquarted in Iowa, it also has offices in Kansas, Massachusetts and the Philippines.
CBE plans on holding a job fair in New Braunfels soon. For more information visit newbraunfels.com.
Copyright 2014 by KSAT - All rights reserved.