SAN ANTONIO – The University of Texas at San Antonio and the Alamodome have released the following information for fans planning to attend the football game between the Roadrunners and Arizona at 7 p.m. Thursday.
The game has been designated as the annual "Orange Out" and fans are encouraged to wear orange.
Due to ongoing construction in the immediate area, heavy traffic congestion is anticipated in the Alamodome and Downtown areas. Fans are strongly advised to plan to arrive at least one hour prior to game time.
All Alamodome parking lots are sold out. Alamodome Lots A, B and C will open at 1 p.m. for people with Alamodome parking lot passes. Please do not enter the lots prior to 1 p.m., or staff will ask you to vacate your spot(s) and re-enter once the lots are open. A limited number of disabled parking spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Free parking is available at all City of San Antonio Operated Parking facilities, excluding Alamodome lots. These include four garages, 10 lots and more than 2,000 parking meters. Free parking is only from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. Any one staying after 2 a.m. will be charged. For more information on downtown parking, click here.
Beginning at 4 p.m. Thursday, VIA will offer Park-and-Ride buses from the following three convenient locations:
• UTSA Main Campus — Park in Tobin Avenue Garage; pick up at corner of Tobin Avenue and Walter Brenan Avenue
• Crossroads Park & Ride - near I-10 and Loop 410 interchange on northwest side
• Madla Transit Center - I-35 South and Cantrell Drive
The last returning bus from the Alamodome will leave 45 minutes following the end of the game.
Special event tokens from any VIA location will cost $2.50 one way ($5 round trip). UTSA students may purchase tokens at a rate of $1.25 each way ($2.50 round trip).
Additionally, VIA's 100 Primo Route provides service between the UTSA Downtown Campus and the Alamodome from the VIA stop on Buena Vista. In addition, the VIA UTSA Downtown Campus Alamodome Express provides service from a stop on Buena Vista at lot D-1. Both services run approximately every 10 minutes. The cost of this route is $1.20 each way with a UTSA student discount rate of 50 percent off.
For more information on park-and-ride, click here.
LOT A EGRESS
The new egress plan for fans who have a parking pass for Lot A at the Alamodome will be in effect. After the game is over, traffic exiting Lot A onto the I-37 Frontage Road will be directed northbound on the access road of I-37 to westbound Montana Street to southbound I-37 South and Tower of the Americas Way. This new exit route will be in effect for at least two hours following the game.
Tickets are available and may be purchased by calling 210-458-UTSA (8872) or by visiting goutsa.com. The UTSA Ticket phone lines will be open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday. Phone sales will continue from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Thursday. The UTSA Ticket Office is located at 5710 W. Hausman Rd., Suite 101. The Alamodome Box Office will open at 9 a.m. on Thursday. Doors will open to the public at 5:30 p.m.
GAME DAY EXPERIENCE
• Food Trucks will offer dinner options prior to the game in Rowdy Town on the north plaza at the Alamodome. Live music on the Bud Light Stage will begin at 5 p.m. Free entertainment for kids will be provided in Rowdy Town by game-sponsor H-E-B, State Farm and Games to You.
• Fans entering the Alamodome will notice new permanent UTSA markings in selected elevators and hallways. The brand new playing surface features permanently painted UTSA logos at midfield and in the end zones. Walls lining the southeast tunnel where the Roadrunners enter the field have been painted orange and blue.
• Merchandise sales counters inside the Alamodome have been expanded and relocated to the Plaza and Club Level concourses outside of Sections 107, 117, 139 and 205. Merchandise also will be available in Rowdy Town before the game.
• Additional concessions operations have been opened including mixed beverage locations on all three levels of the Alamodome. Alcoholic beverages now can be carried between levels.
• A new customer service text messaging system will be available throughout the UTSA football season. Customers who encounter difficulties with unruly fans or facilities maintenance issues may text 69050 to request immediate assistance from the Alamodome staff. All assistance texts must begin with the word "Alamo" and must include the type of request (i.e., spill or unruly fan) along with the Section, Row and Seat Number of the person requesting assistance.
Please remember to wear orange for the season opener. For more information on UTSA game day experience, click here.